Thursday, March 15, 2012

Anthology Theme

I'm fascinated by the different type of relationships we develop with one another. I especially admire poetry about relationships of the non-romantic sort.

The pictures shown here demonstrate just a few ideas of the kind of works I want to include in the anthology.


Above is a picture from the popular movie "Up". I always loved and admired the friendship between the old man and the seemingly-annoying boy. I hope to find some works that portray this type of friendship.


I like that this topic is an "umbrella" topic having a broad range of poetry that I can include in the anthology.

On the left is a picture of a grandmother and her grandson. Having never met my own grandmother, I love reading about this type of admirable affection in poetry.

In my life, my mother has been the epitome of strength, wisdom, and struggle. I have a soft spot for poems celebrating mother-daughter relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment