Monday, April 9, 2012

Reading Log: Looking For Alaska

During Spring Break I managed to read 11% of Looking For Alaska and a bit of Triangles. I enjoy reading the former, but I'm starting to lost interest in the other.

The main character in Looking For Alaska, Miles Halter is still a mystery. There is still much to discover about him and his new colleagues. What I've learned about him is that he is a scrawny caucasian boy who loves and fascinates over famous last lines. He had lived in Florida with his parents, but now he is in Alabama at Culver Creek, a boarding school. I still have yet to discover his reasons for boarding school. He has explained that his Dad had gone to this high school, and that this decision was his own, but I think Miles is seeking for something more. I think he could be looking for a significant change in his life, and that he wants to start living a life that is more exciting and thrilling rather than staying in his sheltered life back home. Perhaps, he is hoping to live a significant life, be remembered, and speak the most beautiful and famous last words when he passes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment