Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Potential Aritcles

1.The National
Here is one of my favorite indie/alternative bands. My friend had recommended me this band a year ago. We share many of our favorites tracks with one another...


2. Kaki King
A guitar goddess. Through my connections with my dear friend, we share a love for this unique artist who is usually unknown to the mainstream community. Among the indie/alternative and guitarists communities, she is well known and loved for her capabilities in guitar and singing. Her music is raw and not defected with synthesizers and auto-tune. Unlike most "artificial" artists today, Kaki creates her sounds with the utmost artistic style and creativity...


Duo known as FIRST AID KIT perform in New York at Washing Sqare Park.
3.SHOOT THE PLAYER
Holly Miranda performing at the Sydney Opera House
Filmmakers, Amelia Tovey and Jonathon Wald, shoot singers and indie groups that may be well known or arising in the alternative community. With over 100 music films, the talented filmmakers capture the performers in iconic and sometimes oridnary locations around the world. Their interaction with their present environments give these films an originality that can not be mimicked.


2 comments:

  1. The way you describe Kaki King as not artificial makes me eager to learn more about her. I am definitely going to look her up tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear Kaki King..maybe post a link of one of her songs. Seems very unique and true to herself

    ReplyDelete